Florida Municipal Power Agency (FMPA) is a not-for-profit utility dedicated to service that supports the prosperity of community-owned electric utilities. We are a company big enough to provide real challenges, yet small enough that each employee plays an important, meaningful role. We offer market-based compensation, merit pay opportunities, a comprehensive benefits package, work-life balance programs and more. The Orlando Sentinel named FMPA one of the Top 100 Companies for Working Families in 2014 for the third year in a row. We were ranked seventh of all companies with 99 or fewer employees. We were also honored in October 2013 to be named one of Central Florida's Healthiest Employers by the Orlando Business Journal. Every day brings new opportunities at FMPA. To meet the challenges, the Agency’s members and staff are united by our belief in the power of working together and the desire to support the quality of life in our member communities.
Perform functions to manage the Agency’s investment management activity, and monitor the portfolio for safety, return and compliance with Investment Policy, guided by precedent and working within the limits of established policies.
1. Manage the Agency’s investment management activity to ensure security, liquidity, and yield. Develop, revise and implement the Investment Policy with approval and management. Recommend investment selections to maximize returns and changes to Investment Policy as required.
2. Monitor the portfolio for safety, return and compliance with Investment Policy. Perform ongoing analysis and modeling of investments to manage risks inherent in the portfolio.
3. Ensure compliance with all regulations and policies related to investment management, including reporting, and investor relations requirements. Review documents to ensure that the Agency’s interests are protected and to ensure the accuracy of documents. Request or negotiate changes that the Agency requires.
4. Support in the department to facilitate the Pooled Loan Program.
5. Generate periodic investment reports for management, members and the Board of Directors. Support the month end and year end closing processes and financial statement preparation.
6. Assist with the training of staff engaged in cash and investment management processes. Provide technical guidance and assist to investigate and resolve problems, provide coaching and counseling and maintain effective employee/employer relations.
7. Attend and participate in Board and Committee meetings to provide analyses and presentations related to matters relating to Pooled Loan, swaps and investments.
8. Maintain current awareness of compliance and disclosure requirements as required by the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board and the Internal Revenue Service.
OTHER DUTIES MAY INCLUDE:
1. Perform or assist with any operations as required to maintain workflow, to meet schedules and quality requirements, and to uphold customer service commitments.
2. Participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, and policies.
3. Maintain safe work area and comply with safety procedures and equipment operating rules keeping work area in a clean and orderly condition.
4. Perform other related duties as assigned.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Computer and peripherals, standard and customized software, and usual office machines.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume to this link: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=12032091